Friday, May 3, 2013

Reflection of Mainstreet Philanthropy

Main Street Philanthropy was a great new experience dividing the work with our team mates, the group enviorment, and the out come of giving the check to the organization I chose to do.

Dividing the work with my team mates did not go so well at first, because we did not divide any work to begin with we all worked on it together on a single workbook; but changed our minds to have our own and thats when it went downhill. Some of us were doing the work and others were not and some did everything last minute. When the due date line came close we hurried to finish the work books and powerpoint whcih affected us on our grades and presentation. I learned we must establish our own due date line in order to meet the official one. We must also take into consideration that some cannot stay after school hours due to having a job, so maybe we could try actually using google docs all at once. In the end we cooperated and got things done.

The group enviorment was welcoming because of the fact of all our classmates are comfortable with eachother. The only problem was getting things done because we would get off track talking about stories of our cause and not foccusing too much on the work. I was pleased with my group they were friendly and cooperated in any obstacle that came between our project. I learned that sometimes loving your cause too much can get you off track by not getting our work done because of the many stories we had. I am happy and content with my groups work and I would like to work with them again to be better, because I believe my group is determined.

What I expect for check delivery next week is for my group to be chosen to go personally deliver the check! I am so excited that the San Diego Humane Society will be getting the money we worked for. I am glad I will be giving a good amount of money I possibly could not give right now at this moment. Animals are all worth that money I cannot be anymore excited. I am already excited about giving them the check my group earned; maybe if I could get the Humane Society to possibly give my classmates a few stories about animals who have been rescued and recovered because of the San Diego Humane Society, also if they could inform them with a few controversies and a few facts about what is needed to be payed attention to in todays society about animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment